Is it possible to be paroled in less than 1/3 time?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

My husband was sentenced to 15 years with 3 years in prison on a technical probation violation. His original crime was possession of meth. He was on non-reporting status and moved within the county he was convicted. He did not know he was in violation for over 5 years. He was arrested after a traffic incident showed he had an arrest warrant issued against him. He has a clean record other than this and had a well paying job until he was arrested. He would be a very low risk to re-offend. What is the probability that the parole board will release him before he has served one year? How far behind is the parole board on seeing cases?

1. John Arnold Steakley

2

Answered . Possible? Yes. Likely? No. For a felony sentence, inmates typically do at least two years before being considered. At the end of year two, your husband will be at 2/3 of his sentence and probably a good candidate for parole. Hire a lawyer to represent him at the parole board.

2. Dawn Marie Belisle-Skinner

Answered . Is it possible? Yes because the parole board does what they want to do. However, they are behind about six months in the review process so the likelihood of him doing less is not there unless he can hire an attorney to look into it.