Is it possible to advance the start date in Employment Authorization Document (EAD) after receiving the card?

Asked 11 months ago - Dallas, TX

I am a F1 student in my graduating semester. I received my EAD card few days back with the start date on January 20, 2014. I have a job offer and the company wants me to join in the first week of January 2014. Is there any way to advance my start date in EAD card? Please guide me with this regard.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nathan

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . No.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . No, unfortunately not. Consider yourself lucky that you got your present EAD as part of your OPT, and don't try to "muddy the waters" or otherwise create problems for yourself in attempting to contact USCIS to ask them to "advance" the EAD's validity date. USCIS advances nothing, ever. That having been said, nothing prohibits you from presenting yourself to the employer sooner, as an "observer", perhaps? Talk about this with your school's DSO and see what he or she has to suggest in that regard.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . No.