Is it possible that the court postpone the hearing date for a cancellation of removal case?

Saugus, MA |

I was scheduled for an individual hearing next year and my attorney just told me it has been postponed for another year. I haven't seen the notice yet. Is this possible and if so could it be appealed? Thanks.

This appears to belong in the immigration forum and not in the litigation forum. Based on that assumption, yes, such a case may be postponed for just about any amount of time, and no, there would not be any right to appeal.
Disclaimer: California attorney Robert Miller has practiced for over 45 years and restricts his practice to real estate and probate matters in the Central District of Los Angeles. Any opinion expressed is for general informational purposes only, no attorney-client relationship is intended or created by this answer, and no action or inaction should be contemplated without first employing and consulting with a competent attorney convenient to the questioner.

Your question is misplaced. Move it to immigration. Listen to your lawyer.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

Follow the considered and informed opinion and advice of your hired lawyer

Recommended articles about Immigration