Is it possible that my Green card can be revoked because of fake signature on the gren card lottery application?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

I won a green card lottery in 2004 and moved to US where I presently reside.

The problem is that when I submit an application for green card I did NOT sign it. I did not know the rules because I did not speak English. My friend did it for me (US citizen). Now we broke up and he is threatening me that he will provide this information to USCIS.

Am I going to run into serious problem after he commits that action? Can my Green Card be revoked or something? What is my chances to win this case (I mean in court) if they will conduct legal signature analize / expertise? i am now USA citizen

Thanks.

1. I rules state that the application "must be personally signed by the applicant." To do otherwise will "disqualify the application." While you may be able to "explain" it away, I recommend that you consult an experienced immigration attorney who can make recommendations with your specific facts.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

2. Yes

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.