Is it possible that get unpaid internship with F1 visa ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am a student in Language school in L.A , my class will be finish in September 14th , I applied an unpaid internship for mechanical engineering to a company which is in Florida , and they accepted me for October 1st , my F1 visa will finish in June 2013 , but I heard about when I will finish language class I can stay in U.S just for 2 months ( even if my visa will finish in June 2013) . Can I get that unpaid internship with F1 visa ? If I need to change visa status , can I do it in U.S ? Can you help me please ? I dont want to miss that chance , what should i need to do ?

1. Emily Katherine Allen

2

Answered . You need to meet privately with an immigration attorney who can help you understand the various issues and procedures at play in your situation. AVVO cannot be a substitute for solid, individualized legal counsel.

2. Young Ah Ri

1

Answered . If you are an ESL student, I don't think so. There may be chances for changing your status or for pursuing your major. For all your options, consult with an immigration attorney.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys ... even if it is unpaid ... it is 'work'.

You need to meet with the foreign student adviser and an attorney before doing anything.