Is it possible my auto insurance agency did a fraud?

Pasadena, CA |

I just moved my auto insurance to another company. I asked for my insurance record from my old agency many times, but he just didn't do it. I finally got one online and found my old insurance company paid a lot of money to the opposite party of an accident i ever involved. But i know i was not the fault side of the accident. And also this company is famous for its bad organization and fraud. So i am just wondering if it is possible my old agency or someone from the company stole the money on behalf of the accident i involved.

Although it is possible that someone at the old insurance company stole money by using your accident, I'm not sure how that harmed you. The only thing that comes to mind is a slightly higher premium. Also note that insurance comapnies have a lot of discretion in settling claims/cases; even a 25-40% chance of being at fault can result in a settlment.

General advice based on limited facts. No attorney-client relationship created.

Simply the answer is YES.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Athina Karamanlis Powers

My answer is based to my experience as a Certified Fraud Examiner member of the. Association ofCertified Fraud. Examiners CFE

Generally speaking, the answer to your question 'is it possible my auto insurance agency did a fraud,' is always yes. Insurance companies have enormous financial incentives to defraud their clients, even for a relatively small amount of money, because these practices can net them many millions of dollars over the course of a year.
From your question it is somewhat unclear as to what your involvement in the accident was and what your insurer did. With that said, fraud is the act of knowingly representing something false to someone else, with the intention (and effect of) gaining an advantage, usually financial, over them. If your insurer told you or implied something to you (or concealed something), that they knew was not true, and you acted on it to your detriment - then they have engaged in fraud. However, if the company simply made a mistake, that is not fraud but something more like negligence, which may give you sufficient grounds to sue them in court.