Is it Possible i can get a Restraining order on my Neighbor for Harassment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Granada Hills, CA

I have a neighbor that Trys to have a lot of contact with me he makes me really Uncomfortable people have seen him trying to peek into my window . I feel really Uncomfortable with him . There's been cases where I Actually Go and throw the trash away and i tried ignoring him and he Wouldn't let me get threw to the trash can . Please i need help on what i should do

1. Sharon Paris Babakhan

6

Answered . Civil restraining orders are much harder to get, unless you feel threatened by him for some specific reason. I think if you can have witnesses showing that he peeked into your window then you have a shot. Call an attorney and discuss the details. Initial consultation is free for most of us on AVVO so it will help you get an idea.

2. Daniel S. Lamb

3

Answered . Getting a restraining order is a very big deal. It will cause your neighbor considerable hardship. If you merely feel uncomfortable, I would not proceed. Try telling him to leave you alone....

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . You can't get a restraining order because you don't like someone. If he's stalking you then that's another matter. I advise you to meet with an attorney to determine whether you can do something or not. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation.