IS it possible for someone to get "emergency residency" in North Carolina?

Dallas, TX |

A woman leaves her husband with the year old son, who is sick, she tells me that she got "emergency residency" as of last Thursday (7/19/12) She left Texas on 7/16/12. Is this even possible? She also claims to have something called an exparte order? I have known this man for over 20 years and he doesn't have a violent bone in his body. He was married to my daughter and won custody of the 2 children from that marriage.
The present wife is trying to get him to come to N.C. knowing she has this "order".
I tell him to talk to a local lawyer, but when she left, she took all the money and he can't pay anything right now. Any help would be great. Thank you so much.

Hello, it sounds like she went to North Carolina and obtained a "very" temporary order. It isn't permanent. The truth is that you need to file a case here in Dallas County if you were living here for more than 6 months. Afterwards, contact the North Carolina court and let them know there is a jurisdiction issue. The two courts, Dallas and North Carolina, will probably have a hearing to decide where the case should be held. However, the law is pretty clear on this issue, if you have been living in Dallas for 6 months or more, the case should be heard here in Dallas. As for having no money, I offer payment plans and only need a down payment to start a case like this. Call me at 214-566-7969.

Recommended articles about Family law