Is it possible for my husband to get a US B2 visa.I just applied for a K3 Spouse visa for him.

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I want to know if it is possible for my husband to get a tourist b2 visa.I just applied for a k3 spouse visa for him and looking at the duration it takes for the k3 to be finally approved.I can not really cope been alone..I want him here for Christmas.Is it Possible they can have him the b2 visa..Please Help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Craig Fong

    Contributor Level 6
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Mr. Ivakhnenko's answer is right.

    I would add the following: you said that you cannot cope being alone. I certainly can relate to your feeling. However, if you let your feelings run away with your reason, and if your husband makes representations about his immigrant intent when he applies for his B-2 visitor visa, and if he is found to have lied or stretched the truth, YOU ARE GOING TO BE ALONE FOR A LOT LONGER than the few months it will take to process the K-3.

    I know that this is difficult for you. You must recognize that this kind of difficulty -- and many others like it -- are part of the immigrant story in the USA. This is simply the way things are. Some things can go faster. Some things, not.

    Do not jeopardize your husband's future and your own happiness. Follow the rules.

    I must remind you that although I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney. The information I am providing you is... more
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Pay attention to the nuances: K3, as you already know, has an immigrant intent, B-2, as a non-immigrant visitor's visa must have no immigration intent, thus, as it follows, by applying for a B-2 visa your fiancée will be misrepresenting his intent as he would be marrying you in the U.S. And material misrepresentation and its consular submission will be false from the start and will affect your case drastically. I suggest waiting for K3, do it right.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with my colleague.

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,648 answers this week

2,759 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,648 answers this week

2,759 attorneys answering