Is it possible for my boyfriend to get relief from being deported even though he has been deported once before and is illegal?

Sterling, VA |

The first time he was deported he said that he signed off to be sent back home because he got bored of being moved from jail to jail until he ended up in Florida where they told him he could sign and be sent home, but they told him it was voluntary not a deportation order. But I'm sure it was not voluntary departure since your are given a certain date and have to pay for your own ticket which he did not do. When he got back to his home country he went to the counsel and they told him that it did indeed did not count as a deportation. so im confused as to wat happened. He came back illegally a while after and got charged with a misdemeanor, got arrested and got put on a detainer in jail. ICE will pick him up and id like to know if we have a chance of relief or if hes gonna face alot of time

1. He is illegal. He has been convicted of crimes. He re-entered the U.S. illegally after deportation proceedings were commenced. Which of these facts do you consider to be positive?

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

2. Unlikely

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. Consult with an immigration attorney. i doubt there is any relief for him

4. He may be subject to "reinstatement of removal":
    INA § 241(a)(5) - “if the Attorney General finds that an alien has reentered the United States illegally after having been removed or having departed voluntarily, under an order of removal, the prior order of removal is reinstated from its original date and is not subject to being reopened or reviewed, the alien is not eligible and may not apply for any relief under this chapter, and the alien shall be removed under the prior order at any time after the reentry.”

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.