Is it possible for my boyfriend in Nigeria to come here to the states to live with me?

Greenfield, IN |
Filed under: Immigration

I have been talking to my boyfriend via Skype, Facebook, as well as on the phone every day for over 3 years now. He is a citizen of Nigeria, and I would like him to come and live with me here in my home. I am just not sure how to go about doing that.

Only if you intend to marry him. You may then be able to petition for him as a fiancee or spouse. The process can take a while though, and it would be a good idea to have an attorney assist you with it. Good luck!

www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

Not on the basis of being a boyfriend.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

It is possible if you take the right steps. I would suggest you seek advice from an experienced immigration attorney for guidance.
Lalita Haran
www.haranlaw.com

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.