Is it possible for my boyfriend in Nigeria to come here to the states to live with me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Greenfield, IN

I have been talking to my boyfriend via Skype, Facebook, as well as on the phone every day for over 3 years now. He is a citizen of Nigeria, and I would like him to come and live with me here in my home. I am just not sure how to go about doing that.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel Warren Thomann

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Only if you intend to marry him. You may then be able to petition for him as a fiancee or spouse. The process can take a while though, and it would be a good idea to have an attorney assist you with it. Good luck! - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Not on the basis of being a boyfriend.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Lalita Haran

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It is possible if you take the right steps. I would suggest you seek advice from an experienced immigration attorney for guidance.
    Lalita Haran

    Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,496 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,496 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering