Is it possible for lawyers to get into bank accounts and take money before the final judgement?

Asked 6 months ago - Portland, OR

on my second court date for divorce the other lawyer ask the judge for attorney fes to date. 3200.00 to second date. the honorable judge told the attorney that it was not common to ask for monies till the end. but granted half. two days later he got all my money out of my bank account ,bounced checks, and I wasn't able to recover from it and lost my account. whitch has domino effect for almost two years. and I have full custody of both our children. finally after two years I I finally got the final judgement from the judge. it took me 5 times before he accepted it. ... because my exwifes [ that sounds so nice] lawyer fired her a month before our final court date. and the judge made me do it. so the judge didn't sign the judge ment till last week the other lawyer seized my acct almost two

1. Diane L Gruber

Pro

2

Answered . The only way anyone can garnish your bank account is AFTER he/she has a judgment against you.

2. Conrad G Hutterli

Pro

2

Answered . There should be paperwork in the court file concerning this. Get a copy from the court and take it to an attorney experienced in Oregon domestic relations law. You should then be able to find out what happened and why.

3. Steven Joseph Krause

3

Answered . The only was this should have happened was because the Judge sighed a Court Order allowing this to happen. The general rule is that no one can seize any of your property without you at least having an opportunity to hear and respond to the claim. In many types of business cases for example, the law can allow one party to seize money in a bank account in advance of a final judgment, so long as the collecting attorney can advance proper reasoning for doing so.