Is it possible for a Texas attorney to review my information free of cost?

Lawton, OK |

All my information is already on the county website in Texas, however, I live in Oklahoma and most Oklahoma attorneys suggest I contact a Texas attorney because of the varying laws in the states.

Sure its possible. But no attorney us going to hunt down your info and review your case. You will, if the matter is important to you, have to make an effort to find an attorney.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

2. Attorneys are generally compensated for their time, same as other folk with training for particular skills, e.g., doctors, nurses, plumbers, mechanics, librarians, shoot, even pizza makers and line cooks for that matter. Many do offer free initial consultations however.

You might consider reporting, and instead of using Lawton, use the community in Texas where your issue exists. Although some OK attorneys are also licensed in TX, I do not believe it is a large number.

And yes, when you have a TX centric issue, your best avenue is to consult a TX centric attorney.

3. It would probably depend upon how much information he needs to review.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

4. You maybe able to find an attorney to give you limited information regarding property found online however, if you have substantial property, I suggest that you retain a lawyer in Texas and/or Oklahoma who has a Texas license to review the property divisions and pay he/she for their time.