Is it on my record?

Safety Harbor, FL |

I got Pre trial intervention, and I was wondering if my charge with retail theft is on my record. I didn't plead guilty I just got offered this. So please let me know

Arrests and convictions remain on your criminal record. A civil retail theft matter for which you were not fingerprinted likely is not a criminal matter.

Yes, this arrest will show up on any background check. It will also be public record and your file can be viewed at the Clerk of the Court's office. If you were offered this program, once you successfully complete this program, your charge will get dismissed. At that point, you may be eligible to expunge your record. If you record gets expunged, your charge will no longer be public record.

I agree with my colleagues. If you successfully completed pretrial intervention, the arrest will still be present. You can attempt to expunge the charge. My firm handles these matters and offers free case consultations. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

I agree with my colleagues. If you successfully completed pretrial intervention, the arrest will still be present. You can attempt to expunge the charge, hire one of them. Good luck.

Once you sign the contract for Pre trial intervention (i.e. diversion). The charge will be dropped by the state and will stay dropped if you successfully complete the terms of intervention. A background check will show an arrest and the fact the charge was dropped by the state. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to look into expunging your record.