Is it okay to get someone out of an immigration facility with me just having defferred act?

Melrose, MA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

My sister is in custody in El Paso Processing Center for a month and a half now and just yesterday she was told that she may be released soon nd if there was someone who could pick her up and be responsible for her. However in my household all my relatives only hold what is called TPS and i just recently got my defferred action approved. I am wondering if I could be elegible to pick her up myself and if not what should I do?

1. TPS or DACA should be fine if all you have to do is pick her up because they aren't going to arrest someone with TPS or DACA (as long as they don't have criminal convictions that may make them ineligible to have TPS or DACA). But if you have to post a bond, you may need to find someone with a green card or citizenship. You may wish to contact a bond agent to assist you.

2. Yes, you can go pick her up because you are currently in legal status in the United States, but as my colleague stated, you may need to have a U.S. citizen or permanent resident post her bond. Let me know if my office can be of any assistance to you. We are next door in Medford.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

3. You are eligible to pick her up without worrying about jeopardizing your status.