Is it okay to file a letter or a statement about a case to the Judge if you feel it is very important?

Colorado Springs, CO |
Filed under: Discovery

A Police Interview may not be in a Discovery . The person quote a new statement about this interview and reflected a previous police report . It is related to a person in current case . I did send it to the Public Defender . Is it permissible to file it to the Judge ?

1. Your question is unclear to me. If you are a party to a case, one-sided communication is disallowed. If you are simply trying to get information about a criminal case to someone, the prosecutor is a good palce to start as he or she has an obligation to share it with the otehr side.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. You should only communicate with your lawyer about your case.

Cordially,

Nelson Boyle
    Carter Boyle LLC
    36 Steele Street - #200
    Denver, CO 80206
    P: (303) 501-1825 | F: (303) 835-7100
    Nelson@CarterBoyle.com
    www.CarterBoyle.com

Thank you for your confidence in our firm. Your satisfaction and referrals
    are the key to our success.

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential and
    is protected by applicable law. Any unintended recipient of this message is
    prohibited from reading or disclosing the information contained in this
    transmission. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
    call (303) 501-1825.

Sent from my iPad.

This response is a general answer to your question and is not intended as constituting legal advice or creating a client-attorney relationship. Please read our full disclaimer here: http://www.carterboyle.com/home/disclaimer.

3. As a former judge, I can tell you that you can not have this "ex parte" communication with the judge. The judge simply will not read it an will send a copy of it to your Public Defender and the DA and send out an order for you to not attempt to directly communicate with the judge every again.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

4. If you are the defendant DO NOT write anything down and send it to anybody. Other than to your own attorney.