Is It Okay For My Probation Officer To Give Me House Arrest For Disrespecting My Mom .?

Asked 5 months ago - Albuquerque, NM

It was the first day I had met with her and she was explaining my probation contract and she had given me a paper to right down notes I got a bit distracted and started drawing on the paper then my mom was telling her about how I said I didn't want to work with my psychologist anymore and I called her a snitch and then my probation officer said she wasn't going to deal with me being disrespectful so she said she would put me on house arrest I said okay and then she printed a paper saying I was on house arrest for a month

1. Valerie Semmes Bouffiou

2

Answered . Yes. A condition of probation in juvenile court can involve being respectful to your parents and to the probation officer. Try to learn some impulse control and apologize to your mom.

2. J. Denise Carter

2

Answered . Absolutely, the goal is to get you to behave appropriately, and that includes being respectful.