Skip to main content

Is it ok to use abbreviations on forms i-130 and i-485 to submit to immigration?

Chicago Heights, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

is it okay to sometimes abbreviate states, long city names, and country names on forms to be submitted to immigration? for example:
Chicago Hts instead of Chicago Heights
IL instead of Illinois
USA instead of United States of America

The reason why I'm asking is because some of the forms doesn't give enough me enough room to type the whole names in the field.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes, all of those abbreviations are fine.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics