Is It Ok to move to other country right after earn my us citizenship ?

i just got my us citizenship and i receive my passport and i have plan to move to other country .
is this move OK or is gone cause of losing my us citizenship ?

Yes, you have the right to live anywhere in the world as a US citizen. Moving abroad will not cause you to lose your US citizenship.

Yes you are now an American and you can live wherever Americans are allowed to live. For instance you would not be able to live in a country which does not provide temporary or permanent status to a foreigner.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

I agree with my colleagues. You can live wherever you please.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

Recommended articles about Immigration