Skip to main content

Is it OK to have copies of the birth certificate and the translation only for the green card related to marriage ?

Dallas, TX |

I am married to a USC and we are applying to adjust my status, I couldn't get the original , and the copy has been translated by a sworn translator and all, do I need to show the original during the interview ? or a copy is sufficient ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will need the original.


Originals are required.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You must obtain the original.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer