Is it ok for a H1-B visa holder to attend fulltime or part-time school for masters?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Done my Masters in Software Engineering on F-1 Visa and changed to H1-B. Then I got visa stamping from India and back in US. I want to pursue MBA.

1. Michael Haven

2

Answered . You are allowed to go to school part time or full time without an F-1 visa as long as you maintain valid H-1B status. In other words, you have to continue to work for your employer while you study. You also can't receive compensation from the school for any reason.

2. Marcia I. Perez

2

Answered . Yes. Hs can go to school part- time or full time as long as you don't violate the terms and condition of H your visa. For example if the H is for full time employment with an annual salary and now you want to work part time at half your salary your employer needs to amend the H to part time with a reduced salary.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes, provided they continue to maintain the H-1b status