Is it normal to receive appointment letter before notice receipt for I 751?

Asked about 1 year ago - Everett, WA

I ve applied for I 751 to remove conditions on my green card in spet 11 and I got the appoitnement letter for fingerprint in 24 sept and I ve had done that by oct 7. But until now I didn t get the receipt notice, and my green card will expire within 2 days. What should I do?

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

Answered . No it isn't normal. We know they have your address correct, because you got the biometrics notice. That's good, because it means you have the receipt/case number if not the notice. You can call customer service with the receipt number to request the notice be re-sent. The receipt notice is more important in this I751 situation than in other cases, because in the 751 situation the receipt notice extends status for a year. In the alternative, get a good experienced immigration lawyer.