Skip to main content

Is it normal to receive appointment letter before notice receipt for I 751?

Everett, WA |

I ve applied for I 751 to remove conditions on my green card in spet 11 and I got the appoitnement letter for fingerprint in 24 sept and I ve had done that by oct 7. But until now I didn t get the receipt notice, and my green card will expire within 2 days. What should I do?

Attorney Answers 1


No it isn't normal. We know they have your address correct, because you got the biometrics notice. That's good, because it means you have the receipt/case number if not the notice. You can call customer service with the receipt number to request the notice be re-sent. The receipt notice is more important in this I751 situation than in other cases, because in the 751 situation the receipt notice extends status for a year. In the alternative, get a good experienced immigration lawyer.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful




When I checked in the USCIS website they already sent the notice. But I didnt get it.On September 11, 2013, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. When calling this number? what should I ask for?

Barbara A Marcouiller

Barbara A Marcouiller


Be prorated to wait a long time, sorry but we all need to do that. Tell them, "the online status check shows the receipt notice was sent, and we received the biometrics notice, but we never received the receipt notice. We need that notice as proof of continuing legal status, please re-issue the notice." And/or get a lawyer

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics