Is it normal to be called for the 10 year green card interview when we didn't have an interview for the conditional one ?

Chicago, IL |

I am married to a USC and we had the first interview in my country , then I came here and filed to adjust my status and everything went fine and they didn't call us for the interview and I got my conditional green card,now its time to apply for the 10 year one but we were called for the interview ! I have asked a few people and they all were interviewed for the conditional GC but not the permanent one ,Is it a normal situation ?or something went wrong, we have been living together for two years now

1. It isn't unheard of, but I would suggest having an attorney with you at the interview to be safe.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

2. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney, go over the I-751 Petition that was submitted, and perhaps prepare other documents to present at the interview. It might prove to be well worth the time and money at this time to focus on getting an approval of the I-751. Best of luck.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. It happens.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with my colleagues. It does happen and it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

5. It does happen. I would recommend taking copies of everything you have submitted to an attorney to review before taking on the interview.

Best,

Khaja M. Din, Esq.
    Din Law, LLC
    (312) 361-8462
    www.DinLaw.com

Free Initial Consult For All Your Immigration Questions

6. Sure it can happen. Have an immigration attorney help you review all the records and prepare for it.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

7. We may both agree on a logical notion that there is no such thing as normalcy as applied to each individual adjustment case with the USCIS. Why?
    Because in the course of adjustment certain procedural variables may arise that invariably may lead to an in person interview for one or another reason, such as additional inquiry, clarification or explanation.
    Also, it is highly advisable to consult with a good immigration counsel prior to the interview.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

8. It is not outside the range of possibility to be interviewed on the peititon to remove conditions on residence. The immigration service has the right to interview you. The generally call conditional green card holders in for an interview when they have not received enough documentary evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith. They also will interview if they have reason to believe that the marraige is fraudlent. You and your spouse might want to consult with competent immigraiton counsel to prepare for this interview.

I am an attorney, however I'm not your attorney. My answer to this question does create an attorney-cleint relationship.

9. Yes, it's normal.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Marriage and prenups topics