Is it normal for you to have surgical clips left inside after gallbladder surgery

Asked over 3 years ago - Kingsville, TX

I just recently found out I have titanium surgical clips that were left inside when I had gallbladder surgery I have been having so much abdominal pain as a result of this can anything be done about this. Please I need assistance.

1. Brian Nolan Mazzola

Pro

Answered . Absolutely not. You need to speak with a medical malpractice attorney right away. If you would like to discuss this further you may contact me through my website.

Pro

1

1

Answered . No. First, you should contact a doctor to discuss. Second, you should search Avoo for a medical malpractice lawyer in your city for a free consultation to discuss the issue.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  3. Scott Richard Marshall

Answered . I agree with Mr. Lassen. You need to have this addressed with your doctor immediately. Whether or not you have a medical malpractice claim needs to be a addressed by a lawyer in your city or county that handles medical malpractice. Use the Find a Lawyer page on the AVVO site to narrow your search and get a free consultation. Do not delay. Your failure to act promptly may bar any potential claim you have. Good luck!

4. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . No, this is not normal at all. The medical profession has been urged to develop surgical checklists similar to an airline pilot's pre takeoff checklist. Therefore, just as the pilot him/herself must check the hydraulics, the electronics, etc., before takeoff, the surgeon him/herself should check that clips are removed prior to ending the surgical procedure. While it is true that a surgeon can delegate certain tasks, it is untrue that the surgeon can walk away from the duty of due care.

Obtain a consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney.

I practice law in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. However, these concepts are generally universal across the U.S. Do not delay.