Is it my fault if i backed up a my car and there is a car behind me like 15 feet away?

Hayward, CA |

The car just a had a dent on the front. is it suppose to be a car space behind all the time on anyway.

If you back into someone, there are very few circumstances in which that would not wind up being your fault. Those circumstances would generally involve the other person violating some traffic regulation like running a red light, blowing a stop sign, going the wrong way down a one-way street, etc.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

I hope that you were not injured in the accident (low speed accidents can still cause injury). If you were injured, I would suggest that you seek medical attention. On a separate note, I agree with Mr. Davidson. You may want to consult with a local attorney to review your situation in the case that you forgot an important detail in your description. I have over 20 years of experience representing my clients in auto accidents, getting them the claims they deserve. I hope that I can be of service to you.

Scott J Corwin
(310) 207-4030

It depends - an attorney would need more information than this to say yes or no. Consult with a local attorney.

(510) 343-6219. Special education & personal injury attorney. All responses are provided for informational purposes only. Readers should not act upon such material without consulting with an attorney. HEE J. KIM is only authorized to practice law in the State of California. Attorneys at MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP are only authorized to practice law in the States of California and New York, and South Africa. This information is only intended for the residents of the State of California. Nothing transmitted by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, should be construed as legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Contacting HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM. LLP, either by email, telephone, facsimile, any form found on this site, or by any and all other means, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any response by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, or reliance thereon, does not form an attorney-client relationship. ONLY BY ENTERING INTO A WRITTEN ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT, SIGNED BY THE ATTORNEY, IS SUCH A RELATIONSHIP FORMED.

9 times out of 10, yes. However, call a local car accident lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

In a car accident, it is important to determine the at fault party. Generally, the party at fault is the one who has been negligent. In some cases, it may be obvious as to who is at fault. However, in some cases you may need to review the accident to determine who is at fault. Determining who is at fault in a car accident is a complex process and is best left to an expert – an experienced car accident attorney. To determine who is at fault for a car accident, here are some of the factors that can play a vital role:
•Violation of road signs and traffic signals
•Failure to observe traffic rules

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes