Skip to main content

Is it my civil duty to report people to the authorities/INS?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Civil rights

If I know that someone is living here illegally should I report them to the proper authorities? Would it be right to report these people? What should I do or what are my options?

Attorney Answers 2



Mark as helpful


If you do not have proof, you could be opening yourself up to a lawsuit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics