IS IT MOST LIKELY THAT THE PERSON WILL GET EXTRADITED FROM CA TO NV ON AGGRAVATED-ASSAULT BODILY INJURY WITH DEADLY WEAPON AFTER

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

SEEING THE JUDGE.

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

9

1

Answered . It's not up to the judge in California - it's up to Nevada to arrange to get their defendant back.

If a person is arrested here on an out-of state warrant, they are then held on a fugitive complaint in CA, giving the local court jurisdiction. The defendant then has a choice - request an ID hearing or waive it. If they request an ID hearing, it isn't a hearing whether or not the requesting state wants them, whether they're guilty or anything to do with the facts. The only question is: Is the person in court here the person named in the warrant from the other state?

If they choose to waive that hearing (or if they are found to be the person named after the hearing), then the authorities here in CA notify the requesting state. If Nevada wants him, they will arrange to have him transported back. Based on the charges you list in your question, I assume they will want him extradited.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

7

1

Answered . Yep, once he is identified as the wanted individual, a CA judge will ship him back in the custody of NV authorities.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

5

Answered . That is Nevada's call but I am guessing they will want him.