Is it mandatory to have receipt number for converting regular H1B to premium? please advice. thank you

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I have been told that regular H1B can be converted to premium only when we get the receipt number, is it true? could you please share more information on this.

1. Norma Lorenzo

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Hi hope you are well. I would wait for the receipt number before filing for premium processing. You want to make sure that they properly match them up. Receipts notices for this fiscal year are already coming out.....so you should get one shortly if your visa was selected for the lottery. Good Luck!

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

6

1

Answered . USCIS is unable to track the request to premium process to the petition without the receipt number.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Answered . Yes,

4. J Charles Ferrari

6

1

Answered . Yes

5. Calvin T. Sun

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

6. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . but of course

7. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . You should obtain the receipt number before submitting the application, requesting premium process. If you have received evidence that CIS has cashed your payment you may look to the back of the canceled check. Often on the reverse of the check is the immigration file number. if you cannot locate the file number on the back of the canceled check, it is best you wait for the actual receipt from CIS.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com