Is it mandatory to have receipt number for converting regular H1B to premium? please advice. thank you

Columbus, OH |

I have been told that regular H1B can be converted to premium only when we get the receipt number, is it true? could you please share more information on this.

Hi hope you are well. I would wait for the receipt number before filing for premium processing. You want to make sure that they properly match them up. Receipts notices for this fiscal year are already coming out.....so you should get one shortly if your visa was selected for the lottery. Good Luck!

2. USCIS is unable to track the request to premium process to the petition without the receipt number.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

3. Yes,

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

5. I agree with my colleagues.

6. but of course

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

7. You should obtain the receipt number before submitting the application, requesting premium process. If you have received evidence that CIS has cashed your payment you may look to the back of the canceled check. Often on the reverse of the check is the immigration file number. if you cannot locate the file number on the back of the canceled check, it is best you wait for the actual receipt from CIS.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com