Is it Malpractice to list numerous clients and their doctors and give it to another client?

Salt Lake City, UT |

Would it be a breach of confidentiality? Would it be a breach of client/lawyer confidentiality?

If a healthcare provider did this it might disclose some protected information under HIPAA, but there is no cause of action that an individual can bring for the violation. If a lawyer did this I guess it might be a violation of private information, but I do not see where any damages have occurred. IT is hard to be more specific because we are not sure who you are talking about.

Could be. Depends on all the facts and circumstances. You posted almost none of the relevant information, so there is no way to speculate with any degree of confidence.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

As previously stated, it depends on circumstances. If you feel you have been damaged by the disclosure, I would recommend contacting a local attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. You would then be able to determine how you should proceed.

Recommended articles about Personal injury