Is it Malpractice to list numerous clients and their doctors and give it to another client?

Asked 9 months ago - Salt Lake City, UT

Would it be a breach of confidentiality? Would it be a breach of client/lawyer confidentiality?

1. Jedediah J Strong

3

Answered . As previously stated, it depends on circumstances. If you feel you have been damaged by the disclosure, I would recommend contacting a local attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. You would then be able to determine how you should proceed.

2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . If a healthcare provider did this it might disclose some protected information under HIPAA, but there is no cause of action that an individual can bring for the violation. If a lawyer did this I guess it might be a violation of private information, but I do not see where any damages have occurred. IT is hard to be more specific because we are not sure who you are talking about.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Could be. Depends on all the facts and circumstances. You posted almost none of the relevant information, so there is no way to speculate with any degree of confidence.