Skip to main content

Is it likely that my disorderly conduct and noise tickets will get dropped/lowered?

Belmar, NJ |

This happened in NJ. I did not get arrested. I received a disorderly conduct and noise ticket. If I get a lawyer, will it most likely be lowered and or dropped? This is my first offense. Please advise.

I was arguing with my girlfriend and cops happened to be near the house. We were not on public property when this happened. The Disorderly Conduct ticket is a criminal charge. But, I was not arrested. Ideally, I would like to know if it is possible to NOT have anything on record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


There is nothing lower than a noise violation. Disorderly conduct could be criminal or could be an ordinance; there is nothing lower than an ordinance. Nothing is likely to be dismissed unless you have a defense to the charge, but there are no details provided about the incident. You should not post any details in this forum. You should contact a lawyer and discuss.


You haven't given enough information to be able to respond to your question. You should consult with a local criminal attorney about your fact and circumstances. Most of them offer free consultations and will be able to spot any potential defenses at that time, as well as advise you on probable outcomes.

Good luck.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and the feedback is appreciated.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


Schedule a consultation with a lawyer where the discussion would be protected by attorney-client privilege.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:


Odds are you will get some sort of reduction with an attorney and avoid a criminal conviction. Good luck.


They will drop the DP to an ordinance. You could get it dismissed with an attorney but maybe not.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer