Is it legal to use spyware apps on a spouses Cell Phone?

Clarksville, TN |

What are the laws in Tennessee for cell phone tapping of a Spouse? I have researched but what I found on the government websites makes it a little unclear. Is it legal for me to put an app on a phone if I'm on the account. The newer apps offer a wide range of spying on phone calls, text messages, emails, photos, play by play of websites visited, live video feed, live audio ect... I'm assuming the answer is no. Is there any spying that is legal? If so does a person in the Military change any of these laws. Thanks!

1. This would not only be civilly illegal but would constitute a criminal offense. Tennessee prohibits interception of electronic media either voice or data. It is a felony. You could also be sued. Do not do this. If it is being done to you then you should consult an attorney.

All answers to inquiries and suggestions have been prepared for general information purposes only and to permit you to learn more about our firm, our services and the experience of our attorneys. The information presented is not legal advice, is not to be acted on as such, may not be current and is subject to change without notice.

2. Don't do it. Illegal recording carries a $ 10,000 civil fine for each offense and can subject you to jail time under the criminal statutes.

If you would like a consultation, call (865) 522-9000 to make an appointment. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.