Is it legal to use someones credit card with their permission?

Asked about 2 years ago - Arcadia, CA

My father and I have the same name (I am junior and he is senior). He gave me his credit card which is in his name but he said I could use it to purchase something since we have the same name. Would it be legal for me to make the purchase?

1. Joshua Branden Swigart

1

1

Answered . As long as you have permission there should not be an issue. If it is going to a long term thing, you might just want to become an authorized user and clear up any doubts.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

1

Answered . You will not be facing criminal prosecution if you had permission but it would be best not to use someone else’s credit card even if you have their permission.
    Robert Driessen