Is it legal to use someones credit card with their permission?

Arcadia, CA |

My father and I have the same name (I am junior and he is senior). He gave me his credit card which is in his name but he said I could use it to purchase something since we have the same name. Would it be legal for me to make the purchase?

You will not be facing criminal prosecution if you had permission but it would be best not to use someone else’s credit card even if you have their permission.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

As long as you have permission there should not be an issue. If it is going to a long term thing, you might just want to become an authorized user and clear up any doubts.

Credit card fraud topics