Skip to main content

Is it legal to throw away my sentencing hearing if i still have to register?

Medford, OR |

i was not ordered to do sex offender treatment because she lied about her age.

is it legal for the courts to dispose of my sentencing hearing and my trial?

Attorney Answers 2


I don't know what you mean by "throw away your sentencing hearing." A hearing isn't a thing that you can "throw away." You certainly shouldn't blow off your hearing, if that's what you mean. If you're going through a criminal prosecution, you should consult with an attorney, and do what they say.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


A hearing is an event, not a physical object - so it cannot be thrown away or "disposed." If you were convicted, then you were also sentenced, and the court will have a record of that sentencing hearing. You may need to go to the county courthouse where you were convicted in order to get the right records.

Portland Defender
1001 Southwest 5th Avenue
Suite 1100
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 592-0606

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics