Is it legal to sell your interst on a land contract and what rights does the buyer have?

Cincinnati, OH |

Not sure how this works , but if you have a contract with someone, aren't they suppose to honor it, my then landlord ask me if I wanted to purchase the rental propertly that i was currently renting, of course I said yes, we when then enter into a land contract, now he has sold his interest to a company that buys note??? this seem shady to me, can they do this without the buyer's knowledge.

1. It will all depend on the terms of your land contract. Bring your contract to a local attorney and have them review it and possibly right an opinion.

Mr. Esposito is a Ohio-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Andrew Esposito does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.

2. Probably not shady
    And probably not against terms of land contract

Contract rights are usually assignable unless otherwise prohibited in the agreement