Is it legal to sell your interst on a land contract and what rights does the buyer have?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

Not sure how this works , but if you have a contract with someone, aren't they suppose to honor it, my then landlord ask me if I wanted to purchase the rental propertly that i was currently renting, of course I said yes, we when then enter into a land contract, now he has sold his interest to a company that buys note??? this seem shady to me, can they do this without the buyer's knowledge.

1. Andrew A Esposito

3

1

Answered . It will all depend on the terms of your land contract. Bring your contract to a local attorney and have them review it and possibly right an opinion.

2. Michael J. Caticchio

1

Answered . Probably not shady
    And probably not against terms of land contract

Contract rights are usually assignable unless otherwise prohibited in the agreement