Is it legal to sell my independent contractor position on craigslist?

Gainesville, FL |

I am independent contractor for one company. They pays good but I have to move. I pay 1099 so this is practically my own business. Thanks for your response.

Yes. But the company wouldn't have to honor your position if they did not want to continue on with a new person. Do you have any contract with the company? I would recommend that you discuss this with the company before moving forward. They would keep paying you (or a company you open) and you would then have an employee or a sub-contractor.

Zonald Spinks, Esq. Phone: (813) 413-5352 Fax: (813) 658-5893 Twitter: @ZonaldLaw Skype: Zonaldlaw Disclaimer: legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. This information is not intended as legal advice for an individual situation, it is only provided as information.

Business topics