Is it legal to require employees driving company vehicles to carry personal insurance?

Bakersfield, CA |

In an effort to drive down insurance costs and recover monies lost by the company's insurance, can the company require the employees driving company vehicles to have personal insurance?

1. If it is a company car, they have to pay you for that part of the insurance portion for when you drive the company car. Call me - there is more to this but we might be interested in representing you but I need more facts. Tx. Dave Hiden 619 296 5884 / 619 920 4112.

Legal disclaimer: Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of the law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for adviceThis response does not constitute or make an attorney-client relationship as it is made for general purposes; answering attorney does not possess enough information to inform recipient of the applicable statute of limitations. You may also contact Mr. Hiden at (619) 296-5884 or by email at "dhiden@hrollp.com"

2. Most personal auto policies have an exclusion for work-related or business travel

3. You should immediately consult with a local attorney (most offer free consultations) who is familiar with the laws of your state.

4. Luckily Hiden has offered to help you with this. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com