Is it legal to request monetary compensation for information and proof about criminal activities that cause a company thousands

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I use to work for an A/C company and got to see first hand how, who and when they loose thousands of dollars from merchandise being stolen every day. I want to know if its legal for me to negotiate with the company a compensation for me telling them all the details of how this is happening, if its nor legal for me to do this then I rather not say anything because I would gain some enemies if this whole criminal activity would be discovered.

1. Paul Domenic Petruzzi

Pro

Answered . No. Under these circumstances, law enforcement doesn't pay for information regarding a private fraud. You should probably just make some anonymous phone calls.

This is not intended as legal advice.