Is it legal to rent a home with no certificate of occupancy?

Locust Valley, NY |

is it legal to rent a home with no certificate of occupancy?

Most NY communities have strict rules about renting homes. Suggest you check with the local authorities. There can be fines for doing it without the c/o.,and also the court might do a forced eviction on the tenants.

You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful
(Even if you are not filing a lawsuit this information can be useful).

You might find my legal guide on landlord/tenant regulations in general and in NJ helpful.
You might find my legal guide on landlord/tenant litigation helpful.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.

Landlord-tenant topics