Is it legal to record someone without there consent in there living?

Asked about 2 years ago - Benson, NC

One evening I physical attacked another person in my sisters living room. All the meanwhile her friends where recording it on there cell phone without my knowledge. I ended up being arrested and charged with simple assault on cell phone video which only the crooked cops and guy that recorded it saw. Even the victum never saw the footage. Is it admicipal in court and can it b used against me? The victum called me and said she wants to recant her statement so does this mean charges will be dropped?

1. F. "Bill" William Powers

Pro

Answered . You wold be well-served speaking with an experienced attorney. Chas Post is an EXCELLENT attorney. . .and a former associate attorney with our firm. Please tell him I said hello!

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/27330-nc-norman-p...

bill powers
    charlotte concord & brevard nc

2. John Skyler Riordan

Pro

Answered . Yes it is. Your actions are always eligible to be video taped. In NC you can also be audio recorded without you knowledge and permission.