Is it legal to record someone without there consent in there living?

Benson, NC |

One evening I physical attacked another person in my sisters living room. All the meanwhile her friends where recording it on there cell phone without my knowledge. I ended up being arrested and charged with simple assault on cell phone video which only the crooked cops and guy that recorded it saw. Even the victum never saw the footage. Is it admicipal in court and can it b used against me? The victum called me and said she wants to recant her statement so does this mean charges will be dropped?

Yes it is. Your actions are always eligible to be video taped. In NC you can also be audio recorded without you knowledge and permission.

The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

Even in the privacy of someones home without there consent or knowledge?

How is that legal?

You wold be well-served speaking with an experienced attorney. Chas Post is an EXCELLENT attorney. . .and a former associate attorney with our firm. Please tell him I said hello!

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/27330-nc-norman-post-3563431.html

bill powers
charlotte concord & brevard nc

NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and is specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background. NOTE: There may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. Readers should not base any decision on the;information provided herein and are specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background WHY: The content herein is provided for educational purposes and should not be inferred as applying only to DWI / DUI criminal defense. In fact, it may be equally relevant to claims of personal injury involving accidents and the consumption of alcohol or more simply, to the daily practice of law. Bill Powers lectures on such issues on a regular basis with the intent to educate, to be fair, to be accurate and to encourage, open, honest and scientific discussion on the subject. Attorney Bill Powers did NOT represent the Defendant in the particular cause of action.

Video recording laws topics