Is it legal to post a depostion online

Asked 8 months ago - San Antonio, TX

I RECENTLY SUED MY FORMER EMPLOYER AND NOW I WANT TO POST THE ENTIRE PROEEDURE ONLINE

1. Edward James Kazaleh

4

Answered . Ask the lawyer who represented you in you lawsuit and was at the deposition. This is an educational forum, and you need a lawyers advice.

2. Mark Allen Land

4

Answered . You have free speech rights. Unless there is a court order in your case preventing it, you can post whatever you like.

Having said that: It is probably not a good idea. Publicity often has a way of coming back to bite you.

Discuss this with your lawyer. Do you have one?

3. Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Pro

1

Answered . As I posted in your other question, this is a terrible idea, regardless of whether it's legal. You should really get a lawyer to help you. We will not run your termination case against your employer for you on Avvo.com for free. Hire a lawyer, and they will hopefully prevent you from making bad decisions like posting your deposition online.