Is it legal to post a depostion online

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Internet law

I RECENTLY SUED MY FORMER EMPLOYER AND NOW I WANT TO POST THE ENTIRE PROEEDURE ONLINE

Ask the lawyer who represented you in you lawsuit and was at the deposition. This is an educational forum, and you need a lawyers advice.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. THIS IS GENERAL EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE. FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION OR A CONSULTATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR FIRM DIRECTLY. USE A GOOGLE SEARCH. WE CAN MEET NEAR YOU IF NEEDED AND YOU ARE LOCAL-- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS MEETINGS ARE OK! OR JUST CLICK ON MY NAME TO GET MY WEBSITE VIA THE BUTTON ON MY PROFILE. Mark my answer as BEST or HELPFUL if it is!!

You have free speech rights. Unless there is a court order in your case preventing it, you can post whatever you like.

Having said that: It is probably not a good idea. Publicity often has a way of coming back to bite you.

Discuss this with your lawyer. Do you have one?

As I posted in your other question, this is a terrible idea, regardless of whether it's legal. You should really get a lawyer to help you. We will not run your termination case against your employer for you on Avvo.com for free. Hire a lawyer, and they will hopefully prevent you from making bad decisions like posting your deposition online.

I focus my practice on (video) gaming industry, casino gambling, and complex internet law issues, electronic free speech, entertainment law, copyright and trademark law, and computer fraud. I primarily represent game developers and founders of emergent internet technologies. The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Internet law topics