Is it legal to order cyanide off the internet if I do not intend to harm myself or others with it?

Asked 4 months ago - Raleigh, NC

1. Kenneth Love Jr.

2

Answered . At least for now, everyone seems to be convinced that the NSA is listening to every call and watching all of our online clicks. Ordering cyanide without being able to articulate a proper, not lethal use of it, would raise those red flags...as was mentioned consult an attorney.

2. Aaron B. Kendal

2

Answered . North Carolina does have an interesting and very generalized "weapons of mass destruction" law that they have used in the past against people possessing cyanide along with certain other materials at the same time.

Caution is definitely warranted and I'd suggest you consult with a local attorney to ensure your intended use and possession does not trigger any potential violations of NC state or local law.

3. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . I know of no laws restricting the ownership of cyanide, therefore, buying it on the Internet should be legal.

4. Brenton Daniel Vincenzes

Pro

1

Answered . Please consult with a lawyer in your state, preferably one within driving distance of your home. I think you should refrain from ordering anything like this (I would say the same thing for any chemical), UNTIL you have talk to a criminal defense attorney. You do not want to risk committing a potentially very serious offense. Many lawyers offer free consultations, so you may be able to find an answer without having to spend any money.