Is it legal to open a smoke shop in shopping center

Asked over 1 year ago - Cerritos, CA

is it legal to open a smoke shop in shopping center or regional mall and sell hookah, pipes, black and mild and such tobacco stuffs?

1. Pamela Koslyn

8

Best Answer

Answered . Some municipalities allow it, as long as no reference is made to any illegal substance. The viability of this may depend most of all on the shopping center's leasing policies.

2. Michael Ross Lykken

4

1

Answered . Attorney Koslyn is correct. If the zoning for the area doesn't permit a smoke shop, you would need to apply for a conditional use permit from the city or county planning department. If it is a permissible use, you would still need the permission of the shopping center. Good luck!

3. Jeff Hoang Pham

3

1

Answered . I agree with the posts above. You have two hurdles to clear: ensuring that the city you intend to open in allows it, and confirming that the landlord will permit the opening of such an establishment on its premises.

I would advise you to consult an attorney to help you through the process. Best of luck.