Skip to main content

Is it legal to leave an infant with an intoxicated individual?

Virginia |

The police were called to a domestic dispute at my residence. My husband was arressted. I was visibly drunk, but the police officers still allowed my infant child to remain in my care. Is this legal?

Attorney Answers 1


Sounds like a judgment call by the police as to how impaired you were. However, I must say I have never heard anyone complain that the police did not take their infant away.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees