Is it legal to import snow skis directly from Europe to United States and sell?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pocatello, ID

My partner is a authentic wholesale dealer of snow skis in Europe. Can I import snow skis from Europe directly and sell in US?

1. Daniel Nathan Ballard

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes. The safest way to comply with all the import rules is to hire a licensed "customs broker" to set up the arrangement. Query Google for that phrase to track one down. Good luck.

2. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

3

1

Answered . Yes you can, provided that you comply with importing requirements and local regulations. You also need to check who is the manufacturer and obtain all permits and authorizations. Remember to talk also to a local business and tax attorney with experience in international business and trade law. Best

3. Todd Matthew Heine

2

1

Answered . Yes no problem. Follow the import/export rules, pay your taxes, limit your legal liability with appropriate corporate structures, and you're good!

4. Pradnya Pradhan Desh

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes, you should be able to import the snow skis as long as you comply with import requirements, including labeling. If you need a referral for a good customs broker here in the Pacific Northwest, let me know. As my colleagues pointed out, you must also comply with local regulations, pay applicable taxes, and choose an appropriate business structure. However, before you do any of that, your partner should look at the contract with the manufacturer. Does it only authorize sales within Europe? Are their other restrictions? You wouldn't want to cause your partner to breach the contract with the manufacturer by distributing in the US.
    I would be happy to answer further questions about this. Good luck!