Is it legal to fire some one while on medical leave on the related issue that your off for which was caused at work.

Gillette, WY |

got hurt while on the job 20011 fell on my left side which cause injury to left knee left shoulder and back had to have 3 surgeries my employer agreed with the surgeries and recently my employer advised me that it is in the best interest of their company to let me go .

1. You would need to consult in person with an employment lawyer to get a careful and thorough evaluation of your situation. I assume that you are receiving workers' compensation benefits. If you are unable to work, then it may have been lawful for your employer to end your employment.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.

2. So many Federal and State laws can come into play this can be a very complex question. Also we need many more facts about your situation. Your best bet is to find the nearest Wyoming employment law attorney to review your situation.

This Reply which is intended to be helpful to the Avvo Community, does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship. You are urged to seek the advice of an attorney as soon as possible to protect whatever rights you may have.

3. Depending on the particular facts, it is possible.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

4. Contact George Santini at 307-632-8957. His office is in Cheyenne, but he does this kind of work statewide.

Responses provided on Avvo are for general informational purposes only, based upon the limited information that is provided, and do not constitute legal advice. As such you should consult with your own attorney for specific advice. No attorney/client relationship exists with Kelly S. Davis unless set forth in a written engagement letter. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.