Skip to main content

Is it legal to distribute money from estate with out one of the co-executors?

Dunedin, FL |

Pa. Will Delaware county. My aunt sent checks from grandmothers estate to family in will.I'm the other co-executor I just found out after seeing will.Think she stole money from my grandmother. My mom my aunt where on grandmothers bank account.When my mom died 4 years ago my aunt took grandmothers name off the account.Also grandmothers money was invested in what do not know.I would like to view bank account and know what happen to grandmothers money.I don't know if I should cash check.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You have a multitude of issues, here. I do not believe you are going to be able to get much guidance on Avvo. You need to contact a probate litigation attorney in the county where your grandmother resided to determine what your options are and how best to proceed.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

  2. It does not appear that the money was in the probate estate.
    Your best solution would be to hire an attorney to review
    all the information you have and help you devise a plan of action.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

  3. It appears you need to consult with an attorney in PA. If you are a co-executor, appointed by the court, you should talk with your attorney

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics