IS IT LEGAL TO ATTACH A MEMORANDUM OF DISTRIBUTION FROM A WILL WRITTEN IN 2003 TO A WILL WRITTEN IN 2005 WHICH HAD ....

Belleair Bluffs, FL |

A MEMORANDUM ATTACHED WHICH WAS SIGNED IN BLANK BUT DATED 2005. THE SAME ATTORNEY WHO WROTE THE 2003 WILL, COVERTLY WROTE THE 2005 WILL MAKING SUBSTANTIAL CHANGES WHICH SHE INSISTED BE INCLUDED IN THE 2005 DOCUMENT. HER ACTIONS HAVE RESULTED IN A 5 YEAR, ON GOING PROBATE COURT BATTLE AND ULTIMATELY THE DEATH OF THE PRINCIPAL DUE TO MEDICAL MALPRACTICE AND MULTIPLE POWER OF ATTORNEYS....

OK. As difficult as your question is to figure out, the short answer is "No." The attorney's job is merely to draft a will that states the desired distribution of the testator's estate. I don't understand what the rest of your question is about. If you can restate your question in short, well-thought out statements and leaving the cap-lock off, then it will be easier to give you a more succinct answer.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : carol@caroljohnsonlaw.com : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

Many FL Will provide for a separate written memorandum to be attached to a drafted Will. The memorandum disposes tangible personal property separately from provisions in a Will and can be altered/changed as often as needed. Please see FL Stat. 732.515 for additional information.

Answer does not constitute legal advice. Please call (727) 471-0039 or contact me at arauman@protectyourfuture.com, if you would like to discuss your Florida legal matter further. This answer is provided for informational and/or educational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Adam is a Florida Attorney practicing in areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Business Law. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

A seperate memorandum to the Will related to personal property could be included, however any other document or disposition of assets would need to be included in the Will.

Wills and estates topics