Is it legal in the state of Florida to voice record your own visits with a VA doctor? (Compensation Exam)

I have been receiving treatment with doctors off and on for service-connected issues- when I go to get copies of the visits, I see that my "statements" on file are different from what I said exactly- I remember that these notes were not being typed as I sat in the room at the visit. I know it seems small, but the statements on my records are fairly important because if someone says I "said" something at a visit, it needs to be correct. I want to record all future visits because I don't want to seem as if I'm making up things just because the doctors I've been assigned is entering info on my records incorrectly. Is it legal to record my future visits- and do I need to ask permission in the state of Florida? Thank you....

Panama City, FL -

Jason Eric Neufeld

Jason Eric Neufeld

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Miami, FL

It is illegal to record someone without their permission. You may want to keep a diary of how you are feeling (whether it be everyday or on the day your meet with the VA doctor) so you keep your own record (make an entry before your visit and immediately after so you can recall what your reported).

If you think something fishy is going on, hire an attorney.

David Joseph Rodziewicz

David Joseph Rodziewicz

Employment / Labor Attorney - Ormond Beach, FL

This one is a bit dicey.

In FL, unless both (or all if more than 2) parties agree to the recording, the recording is a no-no.

This is one time to ask for permission, not forgiveness.

Related Advice