Is it legal in mississippi to file a lien against the law

Iuka, MS |

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/us/citizens-without-a-country-wage-battle-with-liens.html

can you read this and tell me that this is legal in mississippi

It could be slander of title in some states. I am not licensed in Mississippi. No matter what it could be dangerous for a person to file an invalid lien that they know is invalid. It is possible even if it is not against the law then the Plaintiff could get attorneys fees from the party who should never have filed a lien.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.

I would be in great fear of a lawsuit for slander of title. Additionally, there could be contempt actions as well as possible criminal stalking matters or perjury with a false filing with the court

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.