Is it legal for the police to breathalyze me at the PD, see it's negative, thentake me to another town and breathalyze me again?

Prairie Grove, AR |

After passing a field sobriety test, then blowing a .06 at the Police department, I was hauled off to the next town over for yet another test. I was then threatened that they would take me to another P lice Department..
My god, how many times can they do this??

They may say the machine was not calibrated correctly. If they used that machine for others that night and turned them in then that wouldn't fly... hire an attorney, try to beat the charges. Sorry this happened to you.

Thank you Jenae, but I don't have any charges. They eventually released me.

I'm a DWI lawyer. You need to hire an attorney immediately. If what you are saying is accurate, then you *should* have a very winnable case, regardless of what you blew at the second location. The cops just didn't like the fact that they guessed your BAC incorrectly.

We're you even charged? Your question implies you were not and you are just mad about your rights being violated. If you were charged, then I agree with Brad Williams and you should consult with him or his partner Tommy Bennett. They are excellent DWI lawyers. If you were not charged, then you need to talk to a civil rights attorney to see if you have a decent case.

No attorney-client relationship is established with this answer. It is not to be considered legal advice, but is merely given to point you in the right direction and give you a general answer as to the law regarding the question you have asked.

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Ahhh, autocorrect. Obviously I meant were and not we're.