Is it legal for the police to breathalyze me at the PD, see it's negative, thentake me to another town and breathalyze me again?

Asked about 1 year ago - Prairie Grove, AR

After passing a field sobriety test, then blowing a .06 at the Police department, I was hauled off to the next town over for yet another test. I was then threatened that they would take me to another P lice Department..
My god, how many times can they do this??

1. Bradley Joseph Williams

Pro

2

1

Answered . I'm a DWI lawyer. You need to hire an attorney immediately. If what you are saying is accurate, then you *should* have a very winnable case, regardless of what you blew at the second location. The cops just didn't like the fact that they guessed your BAC incorrectly.

2. Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Pro

2

Answered . We're you even charged? Your question implies you were not and you are just mad about your rights being violated. If you were charged, then I agree with Brad Williams and you should consult with him or his partner Tommy Bennett. They are excellent DWI lawyers. If you were not charged, then you need to talk to a civil rights attorney to see if you have a decent case.

3. Jenae Louise Randall

1

1

Answered . They may say the machine was not calibrated correctly. If they used that machine for others that night and turned them in then that wouldn't fly... hire an attorney, try to beat the charges. Sorry this happened to you.